Other programs Mary hosted and Produced
In addition to producing and hosting The Mary Hanson Show, Hanson has hosted or co-hosted and produced or co-produced several other television programs, too:
- Host and Producer of The Wishing Well, a live, interactive, weekly one hour children’s TV show produced at Abbott Northwestern Hospital for Children’s Health Center of Minneapolis and St. Paul - 1990 to 2004
- Co-Host and Co-Producer of The Screening Room w/ Brian Lambert, former Editor of The Reader, Randy Adamsick, former Ex. Director of the MN Film Board and Ed Staiger, former movie critic with City Pages -- This cable series was produced bi-monthly for six years from 1983 to1990. The late John Sparr directed this show at Rogers SW Cablevision.
- Host and Co-Producer of Talk About with Mary Hanson – Fox 29 Television’s public affairs’ weekly show - 1991 to 1993. Co-produced w/ Carol Neumann.
- Co-Host and Co-Producer with psychiatrist, James Jordan, MD -- “Understanding Depression, Hope Through Treatment” and “Understanding Depression: The Suicide Connection,” both KSTP Television five - part television productions w/ post production work by John See and Greg Cassidy. The second series also was broadcast in Spanish as a separate series – 2011 to 2015. Associate Producer was Nancy Kaiser.
- Co-Host with Gary Gilson of daily coverage of the International Summer Special Olympic Games’ six day event - 1991. This was a Metro Cable Network production.
- Host and Co-Producer of Portrait with Chris Oace, a weekly personality profile show with guests ranging from baseball’s Calvin Griffith to Judge Miles Lord to Dave Moore - 1983. Production staff led by Mark Anderson.