The Mary Hanson Show
- The Mary Hanson Show is the longest running independently produced cable program in the United States, having been on the air regularly since 1980. The weekly show has also been on public television since 1995. The award-winning show focuses on health and social issues and has provided a forum for area and national experts and leaders. Host and producer Mary Hanson views her role as a conduit between guest and viewer, and the result is in-depth discussions of contemporary topics.
- Mission of the show:
- Bring ideas and knowledge of the guests to a larger audience
- Provide a forum for thoughtful, in-depth conversation
- Share responsible information from the guest experts
- Highlight area resources
- Celebrate the lives of MN leaders
Understanding Depression: The Suicide connection
“Understanding Depression: The Suicide Connection" is a mini-series that evolved out of an earlier mini-series, "Understanding Depression, Hope Through Treatment." Both series were taped primarily at KSTP TV and have been broadcast on public television's tpt 2-2, KSTP, the Metro Cable Network, Channel 6, and many other cable systems. James Jordan, MD, psychiatrist, and Mary Hanson, MSW, LISW, are the co-hosts and co-producers of both series. Please check the web site, UnderstandingDepression.org for more on this series and how to access the programs.