- The Mary Hanson Show is the longest running independently produced cable program in the United States, having been on the air regularly since 1980. The weekly show has also been on public television since 1995. The award-winning show focuses on health and social issues and has provided a forum for area and national experts and leaders. Host and producer Mary Hanson views her role as a conduit between guest and viewer, and the result is in-depth discussions of contemporary issues.
- Mission of the show:
- Bring ideas and knowledge from the guests to a larger audience
- Provide a forum for thoughtful, in-depth conversation
- Give viewers information that can lead to positive changes.
- Highlight area resources
- Celebrate the lives of MN leaders
Our Next Public TV season
Understanding Depression: The Suicide connection
“Understanding Depression: The Suicide Connection" is our new mini-series that will be broadcast on KSTP TV, public television's tpt 2-2, the Metro Cable Network, Channel 6, and many other cable systems. Dates to be announced soon. James Jordan, MD, psychiatrist, and Mary Hanson, MSW, LISW, are the co-hosts and co-producers of both series. Here (please click) is information about the first series, "Understanding Depression, Hope Through Treatment." The second series evolved out of the first. STAY TUNED FOR MORE INFORMATION.